-
October 21st, 2014, 04:23 AM
#1
Junior Hostboard Member
OT: KNIGHT preamp
hi guys
I recently bought in a second hand store here in Sweden a set of Knight stuff, one main amp, one preamp and a tuner. All of them are MONO. Yesterday I was working with the preamp. When I bought it the tubes was missing, it is easy to take them off and somebody maybe wanted them! I try with 12AX7, 3 pc's but I get low voltages from the transformer, after rectified I get 135V, very low for those tubes. The filaments are in series, pin 4 and 5 go to the next tube 4 and 5 etc, the dial lamp is also in series. The filament voltage is DC and a part av HT through 2 pc's 450 Ω 10Watt each. I get 26Volt for all of them, 8Volt/tube and 2Volt for the dial lamp. Normal this tube need 12,6Volt. The main AC input voltage I have adjasted to 117V. The AC secondary voltage is 2x125V. Selenium rectifier of course. I can not find any information about it, maybe somebody from you know more about this American Knight stuff. There is not one type label on it. Help appreciated.
Best Regards
Spiros/Sweden
Last edited by Altec Best; October 21st, 2014 at 09:40 AM.
Reason: Edit OT to front of title
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules
This forum has been viewed: 28131802 times.
Bookmarks